Thursday, February 12, 2009

What's Working In This Market?

Well for starters:
Being Short the Banks - LOL!!

Just Kidding-

I just covered my financial shorts as the strength in the NASDAQ is pushing the S&P Futures higher as we speak. I still think the market needs to test the low of 7500 on the DOW and 790-800 on the S&P 500, but it will do it without me being short. I think the risks far out weigh the reward at this moment. I foresee a 1000-1500 point move higher in the DOW in the coming months as more and more details of the housing plan come across.

Those Retail Sales numbers that came out this morning have me a little more optimistic then I was yesterday. Remember we the consumer make up 2/3 of GDP, and that number cant be ignored, how ever the number was spun by the government.

Anyway-

This is what I think is working in this market:

I think the NASDAQ and High Tech in general are definitely in the 9Th inning of its correction. Its stopped going down relative to the S&P 500 and DOW.

I think if you have a 6-12 month investment horizon, you can safely buy the following:

INTC
MSFT
CSCO
ORCL
QCOM
RIMM
GLW
EMC
AMAT

I think Crude Oil which will trade with the consumer is headed higher.

Watch the Energy Stocks.

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment