Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Boys Are Back

Its the day after Labor Day, and I am not wearing white, even though that was what I had originally planned. I usually make the decision what to wear two minutes before I leave the house in the morning, but knowing that you are not supposed to wear white after Labor Day, I begrudgingly followed the trend by wearing a black shirt. While I was driving to the train station, I was thinking - I should have worn white. I shouldn't do what the masses want me to do or what they are doing at the moment. You see I should be zagging while everyone is zigging. This still bothers me three hours later. I might just go out and buy a white shirt at the Gap, do my duty to add to retail sales when no one else is. A little Cash for Old Shirts action this morning?

Anyway, I was just following the trend, the herd mentality this morning. I was just scared to be noticed wearing white after Labor Day. What would people say? How would they react? In the grand scheme of things just like Chazz Palminteri says in A Bronx Tale "Nobody Cares Kid".

Yes...Its true nobody cares anymore.

Nobody cares that the economy is in the crapper.
Nobody cares about unemployment as its headed towards 10 maybe 11%.
Nobody seems to care about the Shadow Inventory market in housing.
Nobody cares about credit contraction.
Nobody cares that Retail Sales ex-Cash For Clunkers is dog meat.
Nobody cares about the Trillions in Government Spending.
Nobody cares that The Treasury and Fed are just basic printing presses for the Wealthy.
Nobody cares about the expansion of Governments Balance Sheet to epic bloated levels.
Nobody cares that Crude is back above $71, which will kill any future consumer led comeback
Nobody cares that the Dollar is being systematically destroyed just to get Wall Street back on its feet.
Nobody cares about the absurd levels of Bank Failures.
Nobody cares about the fossilization of Business As Usual and the Status Quo.

They do care about following the trend, the heard mentality. The same mentality that got most investors smoked like a salmon at this time last year. I foresee no change in investor behavior this time around as well. They will continue to take stocks up as long as the government keeps printing money. This is how shell games, ponzy schemes, and pyramid scams work, with CNBC, and the WSJ leading the chorus. Step right up and hit the buy button.

Why wouldn't doing the same thing over and over again not constitute insanity?

I came in this morning with the futures flying 10 points higher. Crude was also up $3 bucks. Yields were up in the early morning as the Dollar was getting smoked. Gold had surged over 1000. In fact I was reading that the Chinese are big buyers of the Yellow Stuff, that 2/3 of all Chinese Economists favor Gold over Bonds.

But nobody seems to care about all of this.

I still cant believe that as the dollar gets shredded up, people actually think this is good for our country.

Its so painfully obvious that the biggest threat to our country is not shoe bombers or terrorists. Its Wall Street, CNBC, and government, that keeps telling us that a lower dollar is the way to play an economic recovery. That its OK to run up Chernobyl like deficits. Its OK for Wall Street, because they never payed for the sub prime crisis, why would they pay for any future crisis. American Tax Payers will take it the ass again like they always do.

The boys are back in town, and they do what the herd tells then to do. Keep Buying!
No Thanks! Not me...I am sitting this one out, holding unto my cash,

I will be playing my fiddle while Rome Burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment